View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013 (4:24 PM). Edited January 25th, 2013 by heyo.
Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by tnguye3:
For your first time sprites they're really good. I especially like Traproot and Minnowhite, and think these ones are the best design-wise, and sprite-wise.
The design is simple, yet still gives a Pokemon vibe. Lineart and shading is pretty good.

I would suggest you increase the contrast between shades a little bit to make shades more visible, as well as smoothen the lineart especially with Tarocktula and Titanigon. I also feel Titanigon's scale overlapping is overdone, and can be simplified. Remember, Pokemon designs are simple.

I really like the Aquamoeba sprite though, those highlights really give the sprite a slimy feel and the nucleus and other contents within the ectoplasm brings the sprite to life.

About your concepts, I like Peagarow. Has the design attributes of a Pokemon, though maybe you could add a belly or a pattern to make it more colorful, and less animal like. You might want to play around with the proportions too. Oh and I can't see Tanchor.

Keep practising and you'll sjurely get better. I like what I'm seeing so far, keep it up!
Thank you for the feedback. I was also waiting for someone to mention something about Titanigon; it was my first sprite so I was nervous about it.
I was contemplating making some shades darker, especially on the shark Fakemon. Now that you've mentioned it, I'll definitely do it.
Also, I think I fixed Tanchor; you should be able to see it on the first post. I don't know why it wasn't working for you, though.

I just added Slamander, Salamight, and Salamaster. Every starter was based on an animal, not a plant, so I thought that a Venus fly-trap starter wasn't fitting. I'm keeping Traproot, Chlorovore, and Florosa, though.

I'm also at work with some other sprites; Peagarow (one of my concepts) is at work, but it's one of the hardest sprites I've decided to make yet.