View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013 (07:20 PM). Edited January 21st, 2013 by CarcharOdin.
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
This is probably the wrong thread to post this in but after reading both Mr. X and twocow's posts (the notion that killing can't be defensive and that tasers/pepper spray being illegal or hard to get a hold of), I question on whether I should even feel "safe" in our current world. Not because of increase in gun crime, but because there are so many laws being passed and people who spit in the face of self-defense that it seems virtually impossible to defend yourself, even in life or death situations, and not get slapped with the notion that you are the criminal, not the person who was threatening/attacking you.

Guns, tasers, knives, and pepper spray are all defensive weapons as far as I'm concerned and placing severe restrictions on any of them, no matter how lethal they are, make me feel unsafe. Killing in self-defense is defensive, even with guns, not the other way around. Of course, there are limits to self-defense; equal force must be met in equal measure. If someone is threatening you with a knive, a gun might be overkill, but if someone is threatening you with a gun and you have one of your own, what are you going to do...wait for him to fire first?

My Proposed PokeCommunity Dungeons & Dragons game. Leave a comment if interested.