View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013 (07:50 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
If we leave out new hackers then it would boil down to handful of all-stars working under the guise of a 'community'. That's not how it works.

I agree that there should be some sort of quality control and a system of hierarchy if something like this ever eventuates, and the idea of veterans helping out new members sounds incredibly enticing. It sort of reminds me of workshop threads in the past where people came together for the good of helping others through mentoring and problem solving. Regardless, in my opinion it should live up to both the name and standards of a community project.
I agree. If we exclude those of lesser experience simply because of their inexperience then we can't well callit a "community" project, can we?

There can always include the aforementioned hackers in one way or another, be it as writers, assigning them to smaller scripts, mapping jobs, etc., or just as those who make and vote for decisions on various matters. Sure, quality is important, but if we lose sight of what the project set out to be in the first place, is there really any point in making it?

I feel that the idea of partnering/workshopping would really benefit the community as a whole, as well as to reduce the amount of required micro-management for the higher-ups.