[Ren'Py] Pokémon Dating Sim V1.0 Alpha
View Single Post
January 22nd, 2013 (4:29 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Maruno.
Developer who wants your help
Join Date: Dec 2011
The project is currently frozen and this thread is closed. People who would like to help in the future should PM me their email adresses.
And here I am with the promised Dating Sim! First off, I hope you guys don't mind that I write the same thread for
the other board
and this one.
So, what is happening? You (the player) are gymleader
(the protagonist) and – as we all know – a single like no other. But you get a big opportunity when the
announces the very first WORLD TOURNAMENT! There'll be a lot of trainers and due to statistics also a lot of girls, so while you see no chance in competing in the tournament (because a lot of other strong trainers will be there, e.g. the champs of the regions), you will take the chance to finally get a girlfriend! Because of the around 400 contestands from around the globe the tournament lasts a whole month and that is your time limit to use your charm (as well as strength, intelligence and skills) on the island where the tournament is hold. Good luck!
Inspired by Emerald07
Game Design - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Plot Writing - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Misty - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Sapphire - Gero "Myrrhion" Büßing
Cynthia - Cazicon
Misty - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Sapphire - Gero "Myrrhion" Büßing
Cynthia - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Item Tracing - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Background Images - provided by morguefile.com
Programming - Sebastian "Ayutac" Koch
Music - provided by The Ghoul alias partyghoul2000
Special Thanks To:
the members of the lemma soft forums for their help with programming issues
Programs of Choice:
Ren'Py V 6.14 for the actual game
jEdit for writing the source code
InkScape for tracing Characters and Items
GIMP for olifying the Background Images
SoundConverter (on Lubuntu) for converting the music files to .ogg
© 2002-2013 Pokémon. © 1995-2013 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. TM, ® and Pokémon character names are trademarks of Nintendo. / © 1997-2013 TV Tokyo, ShoPro, JR Kikaku / © 1997-2013 Pikachu Records
No copyright infriction was intended. This game can be downloaded and played free of charge. If you paid for the contents of this game in any way, you were ripped off. In this case, or if you want to contact the developers, please write to
Download and play the game!
By the way, this is the Alpha Version, it is almost completely untested, through I hope you won't get to much error messages. If you do, please report them here. Also, this game is safe for work, as save as playing a Pokémon Dating Sim at work can be.
- Save/Load does not works perfectly. After saving your game, you have to start a new game and then load your saved progress. Loading from the main screen will cause an error.
It has been exactly a year since I've started documenting this projects (and judging from the
thread a little bit more since the idea came to me out of boredom). It is written in
, where Ren'Py is a visual novel engine written in Python itself, thus the high compatibility. Besides some minor things, the game is a pretty standart Dating Sim, so you build up your stats and conform the girls to get them to like you. But a
Dating Sim (to date girls) did not really exist up until now (except the links posted in the idea thread). And
programmed it: As a programmer, my goal was to keep the programming as general as possible, so that it is extendable. I did good. In fact, on this point of development I'm already satisfied because if I would give out the source code, people could use it to create their own (not necessarily Pokémon) Dating Sim with little effort. Except for the fact that I won't at this point of time, because there are sure some bugs left AND two, three code designing decisions have to be changed.
Up to now, we have 3 dateable girls, which are
. Now the magic: As long as you provide me with a vector image of her and/or her lines in the game (which would be specified in my
as soon as someone says he/she wants to do it), I'll add any (Pokémon) girl you want. Image/Lines can come from different persons, you don't have to do both. As soon as I have both, she'll be added. However, there is one restriction. It would be stupid if two people would do the same things for a character independent of each other, so that one who claims a part first, get this one. But since the work could be done on one free day alone and since I don't want to wait / block a character for others forever, it should be done within a month before I set the character free again. I'm also going to make a vector tutorial within the next month because despite the tracing itself it easy I have to make sure people trace the girls in a way we can easily change details. Meanwhile I've learned my way of tracing is probably not the way everybody would go on a first try.
By the way, battling is (of course) possible, but it is not the main component and by now it is only a coin toss.
As I mentioned, I'm the programmer and the organisator. I don't even see tracing the images, building the inventory GUI and looking for sounds/backgrounds as my duty. Nevertheless I did it because nobody else did, so I guess I'm not the usual guy who says "organisator" when he means "I say things and you all do them!!1!".
That doesn't change the fact that I still don't want to create GUI or graphics. And what is still missing at the moment are certain screens and item vectors. Go figure.
Well, I better do a list of what still needs to be done. Help is wanted with everything as long I don't write otherwise.
## Screen language:
- A calendar.
- A better navigation system, not this text menu based thing.
- An overview of every girl, not this thing under the status bar. This is especially important since there could be any number of girls.
- A screen to distribute the start points. Until then Brock will stick with 10 for each.
- Make the credits accessable from the main menu.
## Screen language and coding:
- Expand/build a debug/cheat system, INCLUDING the GUI. This is needed for proper game testing.
## Coding (I'll do that):
- Work over the navigation code-wise (more loops and return, less jumps).
- Create a bigger maze (automatism in progress).
- Create a better battling system (in progress).
- Work over interaction.rpy, because the way it is now is kinda stupid.
- Add more-liners and expressions to the automatic talking of girls.
- Maybe implement the language switch (not needed yet, but really, really easy to implement).
- More girl's expressions! I
do that, but you know... The basic idea is to take a vector and add some layers to build in the expressions.
- Special/second vectors for the girls, e.g. sleeping, on date, kissing I guess
- Vectors of certain characters which aren't dateable: Brock, Oak (both season 1 please) and maybe the shop keeper
- Make the missing item vectors, by now we only have pokeball and super potion
- Vector backgrounds would be nice instead of olified photographs, but then we would need them for ALL current backgrounds, which are quite a lot. Also creating a new olified is faster than creating a new vector bg when needed.
## Graphics and writing:
- More girls, therefore lines/vectors.
- More questions for the existing girls (in progress)
Get (real) sizes, length and mass for girls!
This is standart Dating Sim Information but not only I'm introverted enough to not know this but I'm also not used to the bust/waist/hip measurement because in good ol' Germany we don't really have that. At least I didn't notice.
- The source code commentary must be improved. Programmers know how funny this part is.
- Also some balancing in the game would be nice.
- And there is a README.html delivered with the game which pops up when the Help Button is used. Maybe overwork this one.
This were the things that NEEDS to be done, but there are way more ideas we want to implement in the future, ranging from Legendary Pokemon Encounters to a complex inventory system, where you have to order the things in your bag to fit (right now you can carry anything).
Pokémon Dating Sim Version 1.0 Alpha
Character Tracers / Writers are still wanted! It's easy!
Also a Beta tester!
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ayutac
Find all posts by Ayutac
Find threads started by Ayutac