View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Luxanna's Log #6 & a ½

Travelling back to Route 30 and towards the foot of Route 31 seemed like as though Lux was travelling back home as she walked backwards. She did it once, and tripped over pedestrians about 9 times before she arrived at her home street. Fortunately for Lux, she didn't come to this Route empty handed - along with her new PokeGear, she received an Old Rod from quite some time ago from a Fisherman in Cherrygrove City. However, it wasn't cheap - she had to do him a favor. Lux can almost remember the favor like it was yesterday, except the fact that it happened only 15 minutes ago.

15 minutes ago in Cherrygrove...

"So, you want an Old Rod from me, eh?" the fisherman asked with a low, stern voice, as he eyed Luxanna very carefully.

"Yeah, of course!" Lux cheerfully replied. "I looooove fishing! My parents never took me, but I see it all the time on T.V! How the fishing guys throw their bait on the water, and then the fish bites the water, until their friends are all like, OH NO ITS THE HOOKS! THE HOOKS! Until they realize it's too late as the foolish fish gets reeeeeeeelled up by the fishing guys, and then WHAM! They get caught and sliced up!"

"Something like that," said the fisherman, with a prideful grin. "Alright girlie, you'll get your fisherman. Under one condition."

"What's that?" Luxanna asked. "I gotta catch you a fish or somethin'?"

"Ohoho, you're not getting away that easy!" said the fisherman with a sly chuckle. "You see, only the most worthy of mindful intelligent persons can wield a fishing rod. For it is not the man who controls the fishing rod - it is the fishing rod that controls the man. Understand?"

"I guess...?" grasped Lux. "Although... the fishing rod technology isn't so... neuron based, is it?"

"You'll understand in time," explained the lone fisherman. "But for now, about that condition. I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind when I say a following word. Ready? Poochyena."

"Bite!" replied Luxanna.

"Ah, yes, very good," complemented the fisherman. How about this. Bite."

"Poochyena!"

"Hm, not bad at all. Poochyena."

"Bite!"

"Poochyena."

"Bite!"

"Poochyena."

"Bite!"

"Poochyena."

"Bite!"

"Bite...!"

"Poochyena!"

"Ohoho! Splendid!" complimented the fisherman again with a frisk chuckle and a wide smile. "Ah yes, you are the worthy opponent indeed! Very well, you deserve the Old Rod! Enjoy, and live the life of a fisherman!"

15 minutes later...

Then again, as Lux can remember, she forgot that she even had the fishing rod until she just thought of it this very second. Oh boy.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie