Thread: [Discussion] Euthanasia
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I have no objections to it. The right to life is a basic human freedom, and I feel that also includes the right to choose when to end one's own life. Some might argue that some of those people could be convinced to change their minds; while this may be true, I do not feel it (or any other argument) is a valid reason to allow the state, or anyone else, to police whether people choose to exercise their basic human right to life. There are those who would never change their mind no matter what might be said and their right to end their own life should not be infringed upon by any party, state or otherwise.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS