View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Just be sure to run some tests before you commit to recording. Even small changes in the position of the mic can have huge effects on clarity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Yeah, if you want a good LP, make sure you are definitely ready and all set up. Like Yuoaman suggested, run some tests prior to recording. Try to avoid using fillers such as 'um' too often because then you seem like you don't really know what you are/need to be talking about. Usual mic and cam tests, and that should really be it.

Good luck! :3
Cam tests are flawless, it's really been the sound that's been eluding me for the past month. My biggest problem has been not having a good way to record 2 audio sources at once. I found a neat little 5 channel mixer online for pretty cheap and am now borrowing a mic from one of my friends who does vocals for a local band so I figure as long as I have the mixer within reach while playing and have an ear in from it I can do major adjustments before recording and minor tweaks during.

I tend to not use "um" anyway. I've taken a few speech classes and understand that no other phrase transmits more uncertainty than "um". If anything I just need to work on probably what will come across as silence.

Thanks for the pointers.

I did a quick video test with audio recorded separately, which works for title screens, but I don't think would work too well during actual gameplay.
Spoiler: