View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Prof Oakley:
Guys, guys, guys, girls, girls, girls!
Spoiler:
I made a video for the intro beginning part thing of this game! :D It's being uploaded to youtube as I am typing this and it's ALMOST done, so I shall post it on this post and the first post whenever it chooses to be done with <3 If you want to see the game before you play then it's a good glimpse into the first few minutes (it's actually 8 but you can zoom though it in about 3 if you know you don't have to listen to Juniper ramble on about the arena).

I'm going to work on the arena battles from now on though, so expect the finished arena and the beta to release them in about a months time, maybe 3 weeks. I have a facebook page linked in my signature that I post real time updates and just random junk I want to post. You'll probably know there before you know here how close I am to the beta. Right, video is at 86% so try again in another half an hour if it isn't already on this post and the original post

<3 Thank you and have a nice day <3

EDIT: Here it is <3

Spoiler:
More people really need to check this thread out and post in it, anyway; so after watching the video, I can see you're making pretty good progress with the current content provided as just the beginning of the game, I do have a couple of things to pick at however. The songs for instance, they seem like really odd choices, although the concept to them is a good start, I feel they need quite a bit of improvement, the song for the player home seemed quite depressing XD. Other than that I say keep up the work in that section. On to mapping, you have a good basic understanding of making the maps more fluid in terms of making the player have to take alternate routes, although you could try practice a bit more when it comes to placement of objects and grass. Mainly because, when you showed the route, it didn't seem all too appealing to see that much tall grass all clumped together, I'd suggest to break it up and add in some objects that would force the player into the wild grass a bit more, but also to provide a slight short cut out of the grass as well, just to give that variation of the route. Other than those points there's not much else I can really say, your content is quite good event wise, you've got a good understanding of mapping, and you don't bring too much of a clash to overworld styles, although I'd increase the contrast/saturation a bit to make the tiles and characters match a bit better. Good job so far.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.