View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:56 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Don't worry about that, I was underwhelmed by The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, as well. Though I won't say I didn't like it, it had a VASTLY different impact on me than Summer Wars did (not to mention that they are vastly different movies, in more ways than you'll expect).

Though I think my interest in TGWLTT was largely governed by the massive amounts of good reception I've seen of it. Plus the fact that, well, it was made by the creator of my favorite movie. Usually I'm able to cast those out, but there are cases when I can't, and I'd suspect that this is one such example. Expectations ruin everything, after all.

Also, I love Kiki as well, it's one of my favorite Studio Ghibli movies, too. My favorite of them is probably Whisper of the Heart, for personal reasons (well, not too personal that I wouldn't share them) and because, well, I think it's a very good movie (though it's really the combination of those things that makes it my favorite, or at least the most important to me).

I'd watch Adolescence, but I need to watch the show over again first. The first time I watched it...I dunno...but I did like it. Sadly, the Funi channel didn't air it to the end, so I didn't finish it.