View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

I'm really quite big on the shounen demographic, actually. The "Big 3" will always have a place in my heart.

One Piece is far from perfect (especially the anime) but as you mentioned it has the potential to take you on an emotional roller-coaster, the world is imaginative and changing, you'll very rarely dislike a character and the boss fights are some of the most memorable in anime history. It's easily one of my favourite series and I'm sure I'll say the same thing in the distant future when it finishes.

Naruto has more peaks and troughs than any other series for me but it's great fun for the most part. After investing so many hours into it I don't think I could just stop, not until he gets is best friend back anyway. ;__;

Bleach, I don't even know. A fun urban fantasy followed by a pretty well done save the princess arc followed by.......dark days. I enjoyed some of the Aizen stuff and the currently ongoing arc is reigniting my passion for the show. Oh Tite Kubo, such an enigma.

So yeah, depending on my mood I can get enjoyment out of pretty much any genre. A battle shounen is never going to be intellectually stimulating but sometimes watching underaged boys punch each others faces in is all you need.