View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Good work Mr.Manipulation.
Agreed, Sienna's screens look really good. One shouldn't be trying to fill out most of the reply with possible critisism, like I happened to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Being completely honest, I'm not much of a fan of the G/S/C series. Likely because I grew up playing FR/LG. Anyways, your ideology about what to include in titlescreens are certainly interesting. I haven't ever considered the title screen was a big spoiler of sorts, but I guess you're right. Moreover, I don't know what to say about your titlescreen since I don't know how good titlescreens in G/S/C are supposed to be. Though from your thought process it meets all your criteria.
Though I think you should add the usual "PRESS START" thing, that'd be more standard. Anyways good work my boy
It was a fanmade title screen by a person called RED from Skeetendo Inc. So I didn't make it

But yeah, I do like keeping it simple more than for example Ho-Oh or legendary birds from Gen I being shown in it although all of them can be caught in the game. Those just wouldn't make any sense for being there. I think that if there is no particular reason for an add-on (whatever the add-on is), there is no point in having the add-on either. If you include some kind of theater in your hack just because you feel like adding a theater in one town, what's the point. You could instead use a bit more imagination and make the theater having an actual purpose for being there; make a storyline related event or side-quest happen there or something.

Anyway... yeah, having "PRESS START" type of dialogue in it would be a good idea (at least it wouldn't hurt).
My Rom Hack

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations