View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Every new generation of Pokémon comes up with something unique and wonderful, technically in my opinion I think in regards to the games and such are really creative and in which fit the main legendary Pokémon. Though generation II was the first generation to actually completely change the format of having a story about the starter Pokémon and bring in a lore in which there are version exclusive legendary Pokémon, though in Gold/Silver... you got to capture one earlier before the other one, depending on which version you're playing. Where as... Generation III introduced something that had the legendary Pokémon exclusive to the game, and you could only capture one of them in the story, like in Ruby... you could only capture Groudon, and in Sapphire... you could only capture Kyogre.

Generation I was only the start... and the point in where Game Freak had only the concept of becoming the Champion as the main part of the story, 'cause at that time... they never had thought of having main Legendary Pokémon, only legendary Pokémon that were hidden in special places. So think of it as the starting point for a whole range of ideas.

So yeah, I think it was great idea of Game Freak to break the metaphor in Generation I, so just imagine how it would've been if Generations II and later had the exact same format as Generation I... it probably would've been no back story on Legendary Pokémon, and probably would've had the starters as the mascots once again. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!