View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
But things we've considered almost legendary, such as Volcarona, and Phione (not exactly but close enough) have evolutions, and given that this is likely the generation featuring DNA and such it seems like it would be more likely to actually occur than not. Plus they could just be alternate evolutions, like Giratina-O's stats compared to Giratina, but for these to -actually- be evolutions.
I think Volcarona is a prime example of why Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be able to evolve or breed. In Black and White, it was treated very much like its own legend. High stats, encounter at LV. 70, revered as a "sun god" and even learns a move at LV. 100.

Yet, I don't see it under the legendary light due to having the capability of evolving from a pre-evolution and being able to breed as many as you want. It loses its unique status in my eyes with those capabilities.

I wouldn't be against some legendaries getting an alternative form maybe, but a straight up evolution [or pre-evolution], I don't think I'd be much of a fan if they started doing that. Which is why I liked that even though you could breed Manaphy and hatch a Phione, it was still never able to evolve into a Manaphy. We could only have one.