A hack of Pokemon Ruby.
My name's Lessly, and I'm currently recruiting for my team, Team Cinder!
Put basically, I'm new to this hacking business. I've only begun working on my personal project - still nameless - a good five months ago. That being said, I'm not very experienced with a lot of things, if you don't include writing and kind of spriting.
Although I preferred working on my hacks alone, I've recently taken a break from my personal project, and am now setting my sights on a new, more complicated hack (more on that later) that I want to work on with a group of people! As I have said, I'm not very experienced and thus need all the help I can get because this hack is a bit more ambitious than I can handle.
Now, that being said...
POKÉMON CINDER PREQUEL
#1 Priority right now, I'm not sure if this Team will be working on it or not.
The game is a prequel to Cinder, obviously, as I have decided that this hack is far too plot-heavy to pull off in one game. There are many back stories and characters, too many, so I've decided that a smaller, more simple prequel is in order.
The game is entirely set in an academy on the southern coast of the Atora region. The player is a student there. What seems like a normal school year soon turns awry as you unwillingly discover secrets far beyond your control...
Extreme lack of maps (Estimated 40 in all) but it makes up for it in the significance of the story and intriguing gameplay. Not like a traditional Pokemon game in most ways (aside from Pokemon of course) but it also has hints of the basic things the games have but with less monotony. It's actually pretty interesting figuring out how to play.
I'm not going to explain how the academy works, if only for the sake of not spoiling the fun. :3
Features similar to Cinder.
This is, for now, the only game this team is going to be working on. Who knows, if all goes well, we'll work on another bigger project! But let's not get too ahead of ourselves.
You are sixteen years old and dying to embark on your own journey. However, after your mother disappeared over ten years ago while gathering research with Atora's Professor Cedar, your father has forbidden both you and your brother from even leaving your hometown and you reside in Fresheast, as safe as can be...
At least, as long as it could be. One day, a mysterious group raids your town and sets of a bomb in the village square, leaving a crater with a mysterious Pokemon resting inside...
In the midst of the event, your brother suddenly goes missing, sending your father into crippling hysteria. Without needing to be told twice, and your best friend of nearly twelve years are now taking up the task of finding your brother. Along the way, you will solve the mystery of the strange Pokemon and the raiders, find the connection between the sudden chaos and Jirachi, and discover a link between all of this and the past of your mother...
I have plenty of ideas for this hack. However, this is a team effort. So...
Right now I need a few people with some experience, even if it's only a little. I'm learning here too, so this will be a collaborative learning process. I'd like to keep the group tight-knit, so we can all be able to keep track of one another and trust and whatnot, but I'm lenient on the size of the team. Anything from two to twenty (well, twenty may be pushing it!) is fine, as long as we all can get to know each other!
In Search Of
- Spriters/Artists: People that can sprite things, be it trainers or fakemon. OW sprites are not my strong suite, and neither are backsprites, so I'm going to be needing someone who is skilled in that aspect. The artists will make mugshots, character art, and the title screen.
- Mappers: REALLY need these! I am clueless when it comes to making new tilesets, so someone who can do that is desperately needed. I'm still in the process of learning mapping, so I'll need help with that as well!
- Scripters: I really, really need people who have some knowledge of scripting. I'd prefer someone with a bit of knowledge, or at least enough to be able to help me with it.
- Plot Peeps: My right hand people. They'll aid me in making events, writing dialogue, and the like.
- Region Specialists: They'll work with the mappers in planning out the region of Atora, the layout of towns, the gym layouts, etc.
- Trainer Planners: These will make trainers and their teams in a logical fashion.
- ASM Hackers: Probably the most important people of the lot. I'll need some experienced people here!
- Beta-Testers: I'll need plenty of these! Be sure to critique as much as possible. You'll be in charge of pointing out bugs and grammatical errors, and will need to turn in logs with screenshots in order to keep your position. (We're not just playing for fun here.)
Everyone's going to do a bit of everything, I anticipate. Also, ALL of the team members will be included in the game in whatever way they want (as long as it's reasonable) as a special thank you for being a part of this production.
Position: (As many as you like.)
Past Experience: (Not required)
Examples: (Not required, but if you have any past experience, please provide proof of it.)
Activity: (When or how often you'll be available)
Contact Methods: (Any other way we can contact you? You don't have to provide it until you're accepted, don't worry.)