Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
He's mine. Good day now. ;p

As for the rainbow colored accessories question...

I wear a rainbow bracelet and I don't think that makes you a flamboyant person at all. I think it shows that I'm very supportive of those people who identity as LGBT (rest of the letters as well) and shows that I'm proud of who I am as a person. I have many gay-related t-shirts, such as "Gay is the new Black" and "Some dudes marry dudes. Get Over It." If people address them then I explain myself but rarely does that ever happen. Yay~
Hi :p We can share him.

Btw, where did you get that "Some dudes marry dudes. Get Over It." shirt? That's epic! I never really wanted to wear any type of clothing/accessories that shout "I'm gay!" because I didn't want people approaching me or asking me questions, but I guess people don't really care what someone is wearing nowadays. I'm glad people don't confront you about it often. @_@ No one should judge anyone on the clothes they wear anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
In my experience, coming out just sucks in general. I've done it 3.5 times now (Had to remind my mom once), and it's been a miserable experience each time. The first time I came out, my mom took it well enough, but still said she was going to pray for me, and hinted that it was disgusting, and she failed as a parent, etc. The second time, I stressed out and dwelled on it for weeks, and it just destroyed me. Finally telling him didn't make it feel any better either, although he took it well. The third time, I tried to explain it in detail to some friends online, and they responded with "I think you're confused." and proceeded to make fun of me, until I deleted the thread. Since then, I just don't care about what people think/know about me. If they ask I'll just say I'm bi, and leave everything else out. That said, I was way too invested in trying to find the perfect label for me, and was taking it way too seriously. I'm bi, whatever. Technically polysexual is more accurate, but no one knows what that means so there's just no point.

So my advice would be: It really just doesn't matter. Like, seriously. If you want to date someone, just do it. When your parents see it, just tell them that you're gay or trans or whatever and act like they're already supposed to know, that you're surprised that they don't, and that it's not a big deal. Otherwise, coming out is just pointless, and causes you a lot of stress.

Perhaps I'm just jaded after all that though. =/ I feel bad for saying that, because I don't want to scare people off, and make them think telling other people is a bad thing. What's important is that you just do what you want. No one else matters, and their opinions matter even less. (Unless we're talking about religious parents who could hurt/abandon you... in which case, it's probably best to just wait until you're on your own, or have a LOT of backup before they find out.)
Hi, Qualiverz, nice to meet you.

I'm so sorry that you've had a bad experience each time you've tried to come out. I haven't done it, but I imagine that you plan for the "coming out" to be successful, and it sucks if it turns out other than planned when you tell the person you're gay/lesb./bi/trans/etc. It's already difficult enough to "come out", and it becomes even worse if someone is not as accepting right away as expected.

I know that eventually I'm going to do just like you said, whatever I want without even bothering about what my parents think, because what I like makes me happy and it's who I am. Nothing will change me, and I am not changing myself for anyone. I live life to be happy.. I don't need anyone telling me how to live my life, regardless of how who they are. I think everyone should live with that philosophy in mind no matter what their sexual orientation is.

Thanks for your input. :D

Last edited by Gyardosamped; January 29th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.