Thread: Emerald hack: Pokémon Glazed! (Beta 6 Released!)
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Hey, sorry for the long silence, I got kind of distracted playing White 2 :< (On a sidenote, I completed the Unova Dex ). But I'm working on Glazed full-force now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
This looks like a really nice hack, I'll give it a go as soon as I can. One thing I noticed though, is that the hero's overworld sprite looks a bit off, because his hair has no outline while the rest of his body has one. Good work though, I look forward to seeing more progress, And the tiles look really good. :D
The sprites were made by a friend, and recently I decided to put in different sprite for the male and female that were a little more me. Expect to see them soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
This hack looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it! I like the story and the tiles. But I have a question... Just a bit curious. Why did you decide to call your hack Pokemon Glazed? Keep up the great work!
It's kind of a long story xD. Basically, when I was first hacking, my planned region was going to be a big circle with the league in the middle. Since the region was doughnut-shaped, I named the hack after a doughnut. That was years ago, but the name stuck since I never could think of a better name. The regions name, Tunod, reflects this, because Tunod is Donut backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna3415 View Post
This hack looks really amazing, looking forward to see more of this game!

I found however some bugs: the rival sprite does not appear all the time (and with all the time I mean this: The first time that I started the game, I saw the rival and his pokemon, but because of the other bug (the black screen at the inventor's house) I had to reset the emulator and start a new game. Second time I played this game, the sprite of the rival wouldn't appear (Pretty strange!)

Second bug that I encountered: when you enter the inventor's house you get a black screen in which you can't move.
(Does anyone else have this bug?)

Other minor glitch: In the first pokemoncentre, when you go up the stairs, sprite of your own character becomes strange, and your normal sprite only returns when you exit the pokemon centre. I don't think that I can post images yet, so I can't show you it at the moment.
I hadn't noticed it till now, and hadn't seen it any beta tests until just now. I suspect it's something to do with the map being an added map, instead of a modified map. I'm working on moving everything over, but I'm so close to releasing the next beta that a fix won't be released until then. I'm sorry D:

As always, thank you to everyone for your kind words!

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...