Thread: Muse
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013 (4:08 PM).
Nature: Modest
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that both Knights of Cydonia and Panic Station are totally underrated songs? I don't understand why so many people see Madness as the best song on The 2nd Law, when in my eyes Panic Station is so much better and not just a lame U2 ripoff.
As for favorite album....I'd have to say Black Holes and Revelations. They had sooo many goods songs on that one, from Supermassive Black Hole to Starlight to Assassin. I still like the Resistance and The 2nd Law, but I liked the sound that they brought on Black Holes better.
I'm with you 110% actually, Panic Station is the best track on The 2nd Law. I kinda wonder why you think "Knights of Cydonia" as underrated though, overshadowed perhaps, due to later hits such as "Starlight" and the twilight fan-fuled "Supermassive Black Hole", but it was a rather large hit for them. Even making an appearance in Guitar Hero, and having the characters from the music video having their own official Myspaces. (I'm going to try to dig those up agian)

I feel Madness is more of a Queen Rip off, in fact, it sounds VERY similar to the Queen Song "I Want to Break Free"

Also, since we're on the topic of "Knights of Cydonia" Did you know it's a small tribute to Matt's dad George Bellamy and his dad's band "The Tornadoes" with the song borrowing heavly from the song "Telstar"

@Alex I've acually heard that they were in fact not drunk, but were asked not to swear on the program, but, I mean that's hard to confirm.