View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:52 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
They're idiots, plain and clear. Fanboys spouting nonsense. Capcom is a business first and foremost, set on getting money. Revelations sold decently but not enough. So they decided to put it on the consoles to get some more money out of it, nothing smells of laziness. And I doubt 50 people not buying it out of thousands is going to make a difference. As a 3DS owner, Revelations on a console is better, thanks to Nintendo's shenanigans with the circle pad pro. Its playable without it, but god was that awkward. (only played the demo but still)
I don't completely agree. Sure, I disagree that Capcom isn't lazy because of this, but I don't think the controls deterred many people from buying the game (in fact, I've heard very little about it being awkward or annoying to control, and playing it myself, I didn't think so, either) and all I heard was praise for the amazing graphics, the terrifying atmosphere, and the gameplay, with or without the Pro. The reason it didn't sell entirely well, the way I see it, was because of the lack of advertising, as well as the fact that the 3DS didn't have nearly as big a fan or userbase then as it does now.

I mean, I'm glad it's coming to the other systems, but if someone asked which system to get it for, I'd still say, "definitely take the 3DS version for a spin," as it is a great example of what makes the 3DS unique and what the 3DS is capable of, and it's great for the price (and it's portable). Of course, I'd next say go PC, because that will (likely) be the definitive home version.