Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old Posted February 1st, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
1. Based on the fact that both cards were reprinted in Base Set 2 and follow the wording on Jungle Clefable, they're both intended to work the way Jungle Clefable is worded.

2. Unless the attack specifically says to ignore those effects, those effects still apply to Super Fang. The attack has to specifically say to ignore those effects.
Ah, I didn't think about reprints. That's convenient - only one attack effect there instead of two.

Super Fang was easy to fix. Fair enough.

Quote:
There may be a catch if someone were to implement a later card-set into your engine, as that would make a later Alakazam card (it was printed in the Diamond & Pearl era along with an Abra, but no Kadabra was ever printed to accompany those two in that set or any other set released around it) effectively unplayable if the person implementing that set wasn't aware of this being how your code processes how cards like Pokemon Breeder and Rare Candy work. That's probably a problem to save for a later time, however.
I considered this "problem" too, but I for one am definitely not going to get to a point where there's no Kadabra (stupid Geller). Besides, all that needs to be done is to create a "dummy" card set (a real set but which the player can never obtain any cards from) containing whichever Kadabra cards you want, just for the sake of them existing. It would ideally contains a Kadabra, Dark Kadabra, and Sabrina's Kadabra to cover all the bases.

Quote:
That seems to be largely the correct order by current rules. I have been looking, and I have yet to see a damage booster or a damage reducing card/effect break this order, other than the original PlusPower print, which says to apply the damage after weakness and resistance.
Good to hear. I'm not surprised PlusPower is a little odd, given that it's an original card. Still, I'm following the original rules as close as possible, so this PlusPower will still apply itself after weakness/resistance calculations (assuming the damage hasn't already been dropped to 0 by then, of course; if the damage ever hits 0 after a step, all later steps are skipped and no damage is dealt).

Obviously the cards I'm using are way before the double battle rules. Can I assume that, unless specifically stated otherwise (which these cards won't), any reference to the "Defending Pokémon" will actually refer to the attack's target? That is, if the opponent has a Charizard and a Blastoise as Active Pokémon, I can only Metronome a Charizard move against Charizard, and a Blastoise move against Blastoise? Not that I'm worrying too much about double battles at the moment, though.