Thread: Help Thread: Map Rating/Review Thread
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013 (8:12 AM).
Free supporter
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
I like the layout of it. The trees are pretty natural, but not so much that it hinders the player. It's like Game Freak style.
I studied too many Game Freak maps :P

Quote:
It wouldn't hurt to add a tiny bit more variety with the trees, tho, such as with the ones above the ledge in the bottom left.
By variety you mean make it look more natural?

Quote:
The splotches of sand contribute nicely, but the middle area is still pretty empty, so I'd make the sand a lot bigger there. Or, you could remove that part, and replace the other sand tiles with those light-green grass ones. (Like the pathways in Pallet, Idfk what they really are.)
You are right, the middle is extremely empty. I originally had 2 people there, but it seemed like too much. Maybe the light green path will fix that.

Quote:
Also:
-Grass is too blocky and unnatural.
Kyledove tiles #1

Quote:
-Random fence in bottom left is out of place. I know you did it cuz of the ledge, but you can do treetop + ledge if you do some tile editing.
-Flower placement doesn't flow very well. I dunno, they just look weird to me. My own usually look pretty weird to me too tho, no idea how GF makes it look good.
I agree, the fence looks retarded there; I don't know what I was thinking. As for the flowers, GF always places them in patches together, where as I just put in 2 together. If you look at their maps you'll know what I mean.

Quote:
Rating: It reminds me sorta of Route 102 and 29. It's simple, but pretty cool, so I'd have to give it an elephant/10; toaster/10 with fixes.
My expert deduction skills and years of experience tell me the first letter of your word/10 scores translates to 8/10; 10/10 please don't confirm if I'm right or wrong.

Thanks for the rating. It much more constructive than what I was expecting to get :)

My Stuff:
ASM tutorials
C tutorial
YT Random Hacks
GitHub

My Contributions:
Hack Chat
ASM Resource Thread