View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013 (01:30 PM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Puppeteer Mask:
Oh, I'm very much interested in telling a story. I just happen to be in a cruddy state of mind at the moment. >.<'

I'm not even really planning on having Chapo catch anything until I hit up Veridian. (I have plans there. Big plans.) My next post will be more establishing a friendship between Chapo and her rival and helping her catch a pokemon. I figure I'll devote the post to establishing the rival's character and have Chapo unintentionally go big sister mode on her.
Sounds like it'll be a good read!

Quote originally posted by Charizard_Man:
I've got some stuff to do so I just grinded out a quick post today, didn't want to not post today so I got it done and now I'm heading out. All these posts are so fun to read btw, all my free time is spent reading them :D
I agree, it's not a chore reading at all. Still, we don't want the difference between the first and last player to be too big, I guess. Hm.

Quote originally posted by Sir Bastian:
Jeebus, people are posting so quickly. Especiall you, Charizard :P I'm not even sure I can properly keep up at this pace.
Me neither xD BUT! The RP exists for people to have fun, first and foremost :3 Your characters aren't meant to be rivals or opponents when it comes to strength, skill or levels - unless you want them to.

Quote originally posted by Xlugon Pyro:
Yeah he's insane. I'm going to put him on a leash. It's out of control.
I'll have Vuowth drop Pound in place of Pursuit.
:p

Ok, I'll make the change in the IC OP!

Regarding levels and stuff. When we reach a gym leader, we can do levels two ways.
1) I assign levels to the leader's pokémon (this goes for other important NPCs too, btw) and if your pokémon are too low leveled, you'll have to write posts in the previous chapters (or the city chapter, of course) until you're strong enough to face the leader. This way, we could assure that players have reached at least around the same levels before we continue.

2) I don't assign levels to gym leader's and NPC's pokémon. I let you do like with your rival's pokémon and determine how strong/weak they are yourselves, only providing the species and movesets. This way you could challenge a leader at any time and levels won't be important for your progress through the chapters - only as a measure of when your pokémon will learn moves and evolve. A sort of tool for measuring your personal progress in the RP, rather than making sure you all keep the same pace through the chapters.
Which alternative do you like the best?