View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

I'm not sure if this is a technically a bug, but I thought I would bring it to your attention if you don't already know. For some reason, I believe a lot of the text and button locations during a battle are dependent on the windowskin. Not the text box, the skin.

All the windowskins are a 40x40 pixel box, but have a 2 pixel border around them. I was making a custom windowskin, and I made it 80x80 accidentally, with no border. It worked fine, except when I entered a battle, all the text (not in the battle boxes) and the buttons for selecting "fight, bag, etc" and the move select were shifted right and down. It took me a long time to realize it is the new windowskin that caused this. I tried resizing my new skin to 40x40, but still didn't have a border. When I tried a battle again it was a lot better, but everything was still shifted up and right a little. I redid my windowskin again, and this time had a 2 pixel border. Now, everything shows up where it is supposed to. I can give some screenshots if you don't understand what I am saying.