View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013 (3:13 PM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
I'm not sure if this is a technically a bug, but I thought I would bring it to your attention if you don't already know. For some reason, I believe a lot of the text and button locations during a battle are dependent on the windowskin. Not the text box, the skin.

All the windowskins are a 40x40 pixel box, but have a 2 pixel border around them. I was making a custom windowskin, and I made it 80x80 accidentally, with no border. It worked fine, except when I entered a battle, all the text (not in the battle boxes) and the buttons for selecting "fight, bag, etc" and the move select were shifted right and down. It took me a long time to realize it is the new windowskin that caused this. I tried resizing my new skin to 40x40, but still didn't have a border. When I tried a battle again it was a lot better, but everything was still shifted up and right a little. I redid my windowskin again, and this time had a 2 pixel border. Now, everything shows up where it is supposed to. I can give some screenshots if you don't understand what I am saying.
Screenshots would be nice, especially as you're talking about a visual quirk.

Might it be the case that the text just appears shifted right-and-down when you have zero padding simply because the text window itself is a bit larger because of that lack of padding? That is, if you take two screenshots of the same scene, one for each windowskin, and then overlay them and alternate between them to spot the differences, does the text itself remain still while the windowskin changes size a little?