View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:18 PM).
Scald Pokémon
Nature: Mild
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
Hopefully they get creative with the abilities if new ones are to be introduced. I made up a couple of my own that I think sounded kinda cool:

Priority Check - speed cannot be lowered, this pokemon takes half the damage from all priority attacks used against it.

Lockjaw - all biting attacks (Bite, Crunch, Poison Fang, the Elemental Fangs) have an increased critical hit ratio.

Dreamchaser - the user receives half damage from physical attacks while asleep. User's attacks do double damage on a sleeping pokemon.

Free Runner - speed is doubled when HP falls below half.

Cautious - user receives half damage from entry hazards when entering a battle. Hazards cannot be set while this pokemon is in battle.
I like these ideas! Especially the lockjaw ability. They're quite creative and I'm sure they'll come up in the new series.

I guess that there will be several of the abilities which are exclusive to signature Pokemon, but one ability I thought of is the Flame Coat ability. It raises Special Defense by 50% when the Pokemon is burned.

Another is the Strong wings ability which prevents Gravity and Smack Down from falling the Pokemon to the ground.
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.