View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
Hopefully they get creative with the abilities if new ones are to be introduced. I made up a couple of my own that I think sounded kinda cool:

Priority Check - speed cannot be lowered, this pokemon takes half the damage from all priority attacks used against it.

Lockjaw - all biting attacks (Bite, Crunch, Poison Fang, the Elemental Fangs) have an increased critical hit ratio.

Dreamchaser - the user receives half damage from physical attacks while asleep. User's attacks do double damage on a sleeping pokemon.

Free Runner - speed is doubled when HP falls below half.

Cautious - user receives half damage from entry hazards when entering a battle. Hazards cannot be set while this pokemon is in battle.
I like these ideas! Especially the lockjaw ability. They're quite creative and I'm sure they'll come up in the new series.

I guess that there will be several of the abilities which are exclusive to signature Pokemon, but one ability I thought of is the Flame Coat ability. It raises Special Defense by 50% when the Pokemon is burned.

Another is the Strong wings ability which prevents Gravity and Smack Down from falling the Pokemon to the ground.