View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Kimarah
Unhatched Egg

Hi again guys!

I'm really glad to see that this project is starting to get underway. When I read about it in the first poll it seemed like a great idea to make a community hack, if it was done well, and I can't wait to see some of the initial results.

Even though I don't really have the time to add much to the game itself I would like to give my opinions on fakemon and generations in the game.

Should the hack include fakemon?
I believe if fakemon are done well they can be interesting and add a very custom/personal touch to a hack, but if there is a large group of people working on one project continuity could be an issue. I think the huge diversity of pokemon available nowadays means you aren't going to lose anything by choosing not to add fakes. As an alternative to making fake pokemon why not add special side quests or challenges to complete to unlock or spawn some of the more popular pokemon? Adds some diversity other than having to add fakes.

Should the hack have new Pokémon?

I don't see any reason why not. You can only reduce your player base by shortening the list of pokemon you can aquire in game.

Anyway, just some of my opinions. I can't wait to see more!

Maybe when the time comes I can do some art for you guys. When you need it my schedule may be more open! I'm a professional game concept designer, so my skills lay more with rendering and sketching characters/environments than sprite work.

-Kima