[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)
View Single Post
February 4th, 2013 (4:25 PM).
Originally Posted by
Ok, so I just went in and did a simple little message script and tried to put it into to see if it's my scripting that's the problem, but this one won't work either. I think the issue is how I put in the script. Here's what I do:
1. Go to FSF and find the next Offset.
2. Go to XSE, and open my ROM
3. Put the offset into the little space that says 'offset' and has a small text box to put it in
5. Save script as a .rbc
6. Batch compile the script into the ROM. When it saves, it has each part of the script that starts with "@" and has a different offset for each
7. I go into advancemap, and place the offset next to the @start into the part of advancemap that says script offset
8. Save, patch, run ROM
Woah, that's ancient lol. Download the new XSE and just use #dynamic 0x800000 instead of doing steps 1-7. You should get something like this:
Take note of the highlighted @start offset. Insert it into advance map (with the "$" before it). If you still can't get it to work, I'm sure there are videos of the same process on youtube or something.
YT Random Hacks
ASM Resource Thread
Joined Jan 2013
Definitely not FBI
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FBI
Find all posts by FBI
Find threads started by FBI
Ignore Posts by FBI