View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Wow, " 'mon" is a totally rad short form that I'm gonna use from now on.

Most important of all:
People agree with what I said! I'm not alone in my seemingly un-understandable thought process! :D

First good sir, let me tell you that your hack looks like fun! I like the rocket thing and being a spriter has helped you make it look more "believable" in comparison to some of the other rocket hacks.
As for the sprites themselves, they're very inconsistent. It's clear that some of them are old and some of them are new. By that I mean some of the sprites look well done, and others look a little rushed or somewhat "awkward". I know I'm not a good spriter and I have no clue about different shading techniques, but I'm trying to help

Anyways, I'm glad to see some more people posting around and applying. Things will get interesting

EDIT: Has anyone found this place via my sig?
Thanks! I've been working fairly hard on the Rocket hack and hope it'll end up pretty good. I know what you mean about inconsistency, the majority of the deviant art sprites are from last year or earlier, so they don't really reflect my ability at all times. Some of the fakemons that I've done aswell (the not as good ones) are either ones I made earlier or had to do completely blind, without any idea of concepts, colours, shapes etc.
I understand your concern with the inconsistency, but I can assure you that my current style is the more 'high-end' level of my sprites. I've been doing a lot of sprite work recently due to the hack, and have really refined my shading. I now generally don't use dithering, and to tend to focus more on block colours (as is Nintendo in Gen 4 and 5). Even if I don't get picked for Head of Graphics, I would love to participate as an occasional spriter if it is required.
Thanks again for listening.