View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
n FR/LG weren't overly popular and from the general fanbase, at the time people preferred R/S/E, iirc. HG/SS were popular, yes, but so was B/W and B2/W2, with the former getting a 30/30 rating (iirc??) and having made over a certain amount of sales in a short time. I can't remember much about it but it was popular. Nevertheless, people would still appreciate extra regions in these games and for them to do it in R/S remakes, too. :3

Yeah but the only issue is that they're both sooo far away from each other
It was 40/40 from Famitsu. And who knows how far away Unova is from this new region. If anything, the distance between them would be Sinnoh and Kanto far, but instead of a landmass that's seemingly there, there's an ocean. An ocean that's hopefully crossable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
Seriously, am I the only one who doesn't want any more remakes? As much as I would love to revisit older regions, I'd rather do it in a B2/W2-esque sequel.
Nah. An RSE remake would be excellent, as I stated the new feel of the games need to also be expressed in an older region, for things not to be too alien. Which also why I stated at least Unova pops up, to make things a bit more comfortable when it comes to the OW at least.

Quote:
One more thing about DLC regions and why I don't think they're happening: I just remembered a picture I've seen on Pokémemes destroying the idea for a Pokémon game with all regions. I don't exactly remember if it was its only point or just one of the many, but here it is: in GSC, you have Kanto, where the Gym leaders are stronger than the Pokémon league. Imagine if you had a third and a fourth region after this, each region having even stronger opponents? I'm not sure the games have a level cap high enough to accommodate all this while keeping it consistently challenging.
While I completely agree with this, the levels wouldn't be too huge a deal, as the next region can continue from a lower level of the E4 but finish with a higher one, and fluxate like that without being too troublesome. The AI can also improve for the lower leveled gyms, making them as equally challenging.

Quote:
Isn't it supposed not to physically exist anymore? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Reshiram and Zekrom were two halves of the dragon's spirit, and Kyurem was what's left of its body.
Technically yes, but the way I seem them going with it, I can see 2 original formes, like the two incomplete ones.