View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
This could easily be resolved by treating each region as a pseudo fresh start. Sort of like what Ash does in the anime.

So until you've defeated the elite four for a region you would be forced to leave your old pokemon behind (think customs stopping you at the gate) and would only be able to access them while you're in the old region. (or battling/trading over wifi) Then when you have defeated the elite four of the new region you can use any of your pokemon in the post-story (end game) section of that region.

So each region would have the same levelling curve (lv 5 to lv 70 approx) during the story but as Elendil said the battle A.I could be improved with each region. (among other possibilities to increase difficulty)

It has the benefit of creating a fresh start but keeping everything together in one package.
I think it'd be way overcomplicated. ;( Having to raise a brand new team again would extend the post-game but it'd just leave the question of "why now, and not generation 7?" basically. :x

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka