View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... migrating Pokémon from Generation V to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, would be something I would be doing if I had some Pokémon from Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 that I wouldn't be able to get in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. It would be really handy. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
Hm? Oh no, I do a fresh start every game and only import in old pokemon after I've completed it...mostly because I have to. But, if they cut us off, and EVERYONE had a fresh start, then that would be insanely fun...no more increasingly rare starter pokemon that cannot be obtained unless you bought the previous game. Plus, I want a Hoenn remake which is probably only going to happen if you can't transfer Pokemon from the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. REmember, this is just my opinion...
If Game Freak made Pokémon X and Y incompatible of transferring Pokémon from Generation V, it would make it intriguing to you in the fact that you'd have to re-obtain the event Legendary Pokémon from special events all over again from scratch in brand new events in newer games (in which could also be in the remakes in Generation VI).

But to me... and pretty much alot of people... it would be really disappointing, 'cause there are some Pokémon that some people would really like to transfer over into the new games (which mainly would be the event Legendaries), 'cause you never know that those event Legendary Pokémon might not come back as obtainable until 7 or more years later. But then again... we'd have the Nintendo Network where from time to time there might be rare Legendary Pokémon, but how often does it happen in Black Version 2 and White Version 2? Very rare, and most of the Pokémon given out are just ordinary Legendary Pokémon that are already obtainable in previous games, like a Mewtwo for example.

So yeah, I'd pretty much disagree in my opinion about not being able to transfer Pokémon from Generation V.

But if you're thinking about how Generation III was not transferable between Generation II and III, pretty much the reason why Game Freak didn't have transferring between Generation II and III, would be simply because the Game Boy Advance is not compatible with transferring data from a Game Boy Color game. And I know, Game Boy Advance was very limited in the amount of stuff it had with previous handhelds, even though it was backwards compatible with playing Game Boy games. Nintendo did make that mistake with their handhelds back then, but when they were developing the Nintendo DS... they made sure to never make that same mistake again. And I'm sure The Pokémon Company did indeed get alot of complaints about not being able to transfer their Pokémon from Gold/Silver/Crystal.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!