View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2013 (7:18 PM).
The truthseeker
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
Absolutely fantastic tutorial, it's so easy to follow and allows for some real high level hacking.
I had one problem though, probably from copy an offset wrong by 1 byte, because all the new
moves are missing the first letter. So growl becomes rowl. For example. Also there is one move
(and only one) that seems to cause the program to crash. I'll try redoing the tutorial again to see if it was just the way in which I did it the first time!
But honestly, really amazing, especially combined with Chaos_Rush's custom animations.

EDIT: After refollowing the tutorial I no longer have a problem with the New names. However the new moves which
take the names of Defense Curl, Psywave, Focus Energy and Reflect cause the application to crash. Has this happened to anyone else?
It says unhandled exception, yada yada. But then 'Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value'
So this must mean there's a problem in the hex for the move data right? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!
I had similar problem (at least with psywave). To fix it:
1. Make back up of your rom and ini file.
2. Open your rom wirh hex editor and go to offset: 0x4886E8.
3. Select block: 4*354=1416 bytes and copy (description attack table).
4. Use FSF, find 1416 bytes or find your own location (write down that location), select block 1416 and paste. (I pasted my at 0x950000).
5. Repointing: Go to the begining of file, Edit->Replace...->Find box: E8864808, Replace box: 00009508 (or pointer to your location from step 4) with direction down. Replace all.
6. Go to 0x950000 select block : 4*157=628 bytes, copy.
7. Go to end of new table (0x950000, first FF), select block 628 and paste.
8. Save and exit.
9. Open your ini file in notebook and go to AttackDescriptionTable for BPRE and change its value from &H4886E8 to &H950000.

I hope it'll fix the problem.
Most of new moves is done. Fixing timing of some animations and updating learnsets in progress.