View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2013 (10:19 PM).
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Retro Bug:
I swear to all things holy (and unholy) that if you want to do the Naruto RP (and hopefully get enough people interested) I am so willing to help/join in anyway possible. I really like your ideas here. As for the Chunin Exams, a lot of things can happen there... if you're trying to go for a disruption that is. I'm not sure about the Jinchuuriki though, it's either everyone has one or it's kinda not fair (or a reward to best SU/random person you choose out of a hat). Though, if you're following the Anime/Manga you're going to have to explain how the tailed beasts that were sealed away got cast back into hosts. You might want to go to an alternate reality all together (not Canon) it probably be easier. That way you don't have most of the Kekkei Genkai of Canon to worry about either (like worrying about people having Byakugan/Sharingan/Rinnegan) by saying they don't exist. Or you can have them exist just not optional because they're easy ways to make players OP.

EDIT:

Actually just have the RP not set in Konoha because that's where most of the Sharingan/Byakugan/Rinnegan originate from. Only go to Konoha for the Chuunin Exams. Don't have it set in any of the Canon towns, make up your own! Have your own Chuunin Exams held in that country. Make me a lot to do though...
It's possible, like you said, that everyone's a jinchuriki, or maybe something happened to the tailed beasts that caused them to manifest themselves in different ways. I could also, like you said, designate who would get the jinchuriki, but assigning it to the best post might be too subjective. People could maybe vote on it after everyone's accepted, but they would have to rewrite their character to account for becoming a jinchuriki. If I have co-GMs, I could propose a jinchuriki council who would decide based on the list of people who've signed up who gets the privilege although that again may be too subjective. This council could also pick people at random or perhaps the power would be best kept to a co-GM to maintain the balance of the RP if we were to include jinchuriki at all.

I'm not too worried about people picking out popular Kekkai Genkais or even making up their own. People will create their own characters according to their tastes and there will be enough possible Kekkai Genkai concepts that the balance of power wont be too much of an issue. Even if a few people chose to be an average ninja or someone from a family using hidden jutsu, their abilities can be overcome by others of similar skill as long as they're mindful of their opponent's abilities. It's the jinchuriki possibility in particular that would create the imbalance of power since tailed beasts allow their hosts to summon power that is inhuman and practically impossible to overcome since their power would just blow away any tactic unless it was against a legendary or kage level ninja.

I was heavily contemplating the possibility of hosting the RP in a different ninja village with the chunin exams taking place in a place other than Konoha. Granted, I'm almost positive that I'll be allowing ninja from other villages to participate since the chunin exams are an international affair and the plot beyond that is likely to embroil other nations in the conflict. If I plan to run with the current manga story-line but in the future, I may base the RP in Konoha only because the Leaf Village has such a prominent presence in the world's lore and it is far more recognizable for fans of the series and thus potentially more accessible.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!