Thread: Passion
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
CS

Quote originally posted by Drakow:
Is it possible to develop passion in an area / field you have no particular interest in?
I don't feel I'm a very passionate person so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I think it's easy enough to develop an interest in something. Anything might catch your attention in just the right way where you want to know more about it. The recent James Bond movies made we want to watch all the movies and I did, but now I'm not really that into them. If that kind of short-term interest is what you'd call passion then I feel passionate all the time, but if passion is more of a sustained effort then I'll defer to my previous statement.

I think to develop a passion for something you're not interested in you've got to be an open person, a risk-taker, and have the willpower to do something you don't really like for a long time. After a while it'll probably start to feel better since you're more familiar with it, and your confidence will go up. It's a lot easier to do something you feel confident about and the more you do something the better you'll get.

I've lost my train of thought. I can't remember if I was going to make some point with all that now.

deviantart blog pair