Thread: [Discussion] Your bully just died.
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013 (09:27 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
A typical bully can range from your everyday tease to someone who goes out of their way to severely harm someone on a constant basis. I don't think anyone should ever wish death upon someone unless that person is someone like Hitler or Osama Bin Laden or even a free walking serial killer. Someone like a bully though? I think wishing death upon them is going too far. It's this train of thought that can at times lead to school shootings or students bringing weapons to school.

However, by no means should someone feel like they have to mourn over this person's death or are obligated to do so. If all the deceased ever did was bully someone and make them feel like their life isn't worth living, then that someone has the right to feel however they want to feel. I'm not saying they should go around parading the hallways publicly cheering "Hooray!" over this person's death, but they don't need to feel sorry for them either.

If it were me, I'd probably feel very indifferent over the situation. I wouldn't be terribly sad about it as that means I no longer have someone bullying me everyday, but I'm not going to feel typically overjoyed either, because it's still someone's life and I'm still human enough to care even a little.