Thread: DLC- Worth it?
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013 (9:38 AM).
Let the man be born
Gold Tier
Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
I wouldn't say that. There are alot of games, chiefly CoD, that add areas to the game and 9 times out of 10 they don't add features (or maybe one or two) at $15 a pop. I would call that a lot for maps alone, and I don't know if I'd call those "expansion" level DLCs, either; especially if all of them together cost $10 (or $20) less than the game itself. Then there are games that offer weapons for around $5, ingame objects (literally games that you are already in the game that you can get without paying) for $10, characters for $10 (which is usually 1/6th of what the game costs), and many other things that, for the number of people that are in most of these companies, probably take little time and/or effort to make.
I didn't mean to say that CoD DLC specifically is like an expansion-like DLC, more Skyrim. I was just saying that the expansion-like DLC are more expensive. Then again that's just the devs wanting more money, plenty of people buy CoD DLC and they know they can make easy money out of it. When you look at the other, "less popular" games, DLC tends to be cheaper so more people will buy it.