View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Let me just start off with some of the things that stand out to me. This is just precious. As I've said a few times around here, I love love love it when artists take their Pokemon / fakemon drawing to the next level and really think about what the character means. A melted Vanilish. That's so, so clever and makes perfect sense at the same time. And this too!
That idea actually wasn't one of my original ones. There was a Japanese comic strip that showed what happens when a Vanillite gets too warm.

I'm glad you like the Odd Keystone, though!

Quote:
Looking at some of your more "minimalist" art, like that Joltik, Oshawott, and (the slightly more detailed) Dragonair, I'd say you'd be pretty great at making wallpapers and backgrounds! The kind of shading-less, no outlined style is perfectly suited for that sort of thing. It's clear your have training in the field.
I can make vector-style backgrounds, but I prefer not to. I've seen plenty similar to this style, but I don't like bright or vivid backgrounds or backgrounds with lots of area covered by a solid color (except black, which you could argue isn't a color). I've never been big on making wallpapers, though. In the past, I've only made about 2 or 3. I may try to edit some of my works to work as backgrounds, though.

Quote:
As for your more detailed work, I can definitely say I'm a fan! I mean, just the length of this gallery alone shows you're committed to the practice. Needless to say that your line work and eye for color (and texture-- which is really, really difficult) is near flawless. I haz carrot just cracks me up. Moreover, I love how you've spread out into three-dimensional art too. The Snow Lapras and (if I remember correctly) a Dunspace figure? Such a creative usage of your talent! I can't say I've ever done anything like that, so it's a real treat to see someone do it well!
I really like dabbling around in different techniques (though I tend to experiment on my own, rather than look up tutorials), which is probably why I don't really have a solid style yet. However, the sad thing is, I try so many that none of them really stick. I'll make one picture in a style that I really like, but by the time I'm wanting to make another picture in the same style, I can't remember how I did it. I need to start making step-by-step tutorials as I go! I'm really happy that you like the works I've put out so far, though! :D

Quote:
Your graphic art, well, that would take someone x3 as talented as I to comment on. The Pokeball is just stunning. Those colors and that pattern.. compliment each other a lot. The effects you used around the rim of it make me believe it's in the midst of opening, you know? It really keeps my interest and makes me (as the viewer) imagine what Pokemon would come out of it! I definitely give you credit for giving still images life.
Thanks! I was really happy with how this one turned out. It was mostly made from practicing with filters and blending modes. At the time, I had only recently discovered blending modes and really liked some of the effects I could pull off with them. I had made a fire effect on something before this, using a technique I came up with on my own, but this one turned out far better.

Quote:
I really, really hope you continue to post more and keep this gallery on the up-and-up! There's already so much to look at, but I guarantee we'll want to see even more from you! <33;
As soon as I make some new art, I'll be sure to post it. I'm not sure when I'll get around to making anything else, though. I haven't been feeling very artistic since... well, since I made that snow Lapras. There is a picture I have in mind to work on, but I just don't feel up to it yet.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus