Thread: Video Games DCC
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Spinosaurus
PK Love. That's what I do.

Galaxy + Mario 3D land alone are huge, but let's not forget about the huge revival of 2D Mario with the four New Super Mario games. Donkey Kong Country Returns was also a big one and is widely regarded as one of the best 2D platformers. There are also Wario Land: Shake It!, Super Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island DS, which were pretty decent, same for Super Princess Peach and DK: Jungle Climber.

Outside of Nintendo, we got Super Meat Boy which is very highly praised. Rayman Origins and Legends are also often seen as instant classics. LBP is a huge one, too, given its popularity. Sonic this generation went to the right direction with some solid games (Rush, Colors and Generation). Weren't Megaman 9 and 10 also from this gen? I've heard they're pretty amazing.

When it comes to 2D platformers this gen exploded with some very high quality titles. It's only 3D left in the dust (at least there's Epic Mickey, right?), but I'm sure Galaxy alone satisfied needs. Though, let's not forget the next 3D Mario is due this year or the next one, if you want to count Wii U as this gen.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; February 11th, 2013 at 06:47 AM.