Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013 (8:13 AM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by the__end.
Pixel Artist
Originally Posted by Ayutac
That depends on the AI. If it's really good, it will develop a strategy according to the cards in the deck. I.E. In YGO there are effects that make you discarding cards as a effect, not as a cost. For most cards that doesn't changes a thing and you would want to avoid it, but in certain decks it is the main strategy to discards cards because of effects (because that will activate their effects respectively) or to have an empty hand.
On the other side, we may want to have different difficulties for AIs.
An entire team is working on the Yugioh games but the AI is still dumb and slow. Of course they need to make a general AI because there are just to many cards with to many different effects that need to be considered. Because of some effects it needs to do tons of calculation which makes it so slow. It even calculates all the cards the opponent has which is pretty ridiculous because it can't know what you are planning and it will make the wrong decision anyway.
Do you think that much effort is needed for a (non-profit) Starter Kit that just one person is coding? IMO not.
I think, because of how the Pokemon TCG is build and that the AI is forced to use the deck you give it, you can achieve much more with an AI that is concentrated on the deck it is using. An AI that "knows", that it needs Blastoises Ability as often as possible to support his water deck, is much smarter then an AI that "knows" how to use its ability but doesn't do it correctly.

Originally Posted by Ooka View Post
Had a read through some of the thread. I made a little mockup, let me know what you think.
These look nice! But i agree with Maruno and you should make a little place for the deck building i guess. Like the first screen Maruno showed (

Originally Posted by Maruno
The design itself doesn't support a half-size screen, which I'd prefer it to do if possible.
The cards will lose important details by displaying a lower resolution. And its harder to make good looking concepts. I don't understand why you want a kit that supports half sized screens. It makes stuff more complicated then they need to be. But if you still insist on it i can cut out the images out of the cards so you can only display them with written information. This way we can save quality and you can have a half sized game.