Thread: [Other] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Hey guys, I just came in to agree with Khawill.
d:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Do you not see that this fight is exactly that? As others came to help, there's something of an unseen connection now, between Solo and his saviors.

Moreover, this certainly isn't the last time the Werewolf boy will be a problem. This is indeed part of a bigger plan, in time. You can't expect very much deep background between them on the second day, right? It has to be built up with time. All there is so far is a racial hatred between Lycans and Werewolves. And it is mutual.

Also, now that Frio has gotten involved (and pretty much saved Solo's life) there's now a possibility for interaction between them /as well as/ some development for Solo. This was not a pointless endeavor; there was much reason behind it.

I'm only taking offense to the criticism /because/ there is no construction to it. It feels as if the intentions are only to question every single move I make with my characters, instead of how I may better them.
I avoid trying to advise people on how to play their characters unless they ask for it. Explaining things later is one of those literary flaws that doesn't really work unless it's clearly foreshadowed beforehand; in this case, an offhand comment from the Werewolf that hints at a deeper meaning behind his actions, otherwise these things come off as a Deux Ex Machina/Diabolus Ex Machina. It's basically what all mystery stories work around, as well.

A deep background between the pair isn't expected on the second day, but it is expected that each character has their reasons for it and that they're being highlighted; which I assume is what you're doing with Solo. I don't read most posts that don't directly involve one of my characters in some way, but I do know that this werewolf hasn't been given any hints about why he's doing this. "Skin you alive", and so on? That's what makes this guy seem like nothing but a comic villain; here now, plays his part, gone a moment later.

If you say that you have something planned for him, fair enough, I'll believe that. But give hints about him being be Were-Prince Jimmy the Third beforehand.