View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Yes, we'll have you. We take everyone. That's not to say that we don't have standards, of course, just that we've already concluded you'd be wonderful to have here.
Thanks for having me and yay for passing the standards!

Quote:
I sort of understand your feelings. (I don't want to say I completely do since I don't know exactly what they are.) I get the feeling you don't want to be worrying about it and you want to be able to say something to someone else and not have to speak whole paragraphs and give them too much information. That ability to just say "I'm gay" (which lesbians are also so it's fine to say) and have people go "ah, okay" and move on to other things. It makes things simple. But if your feelings aren't so simple it's not so easy.

It's also okay not to know exactly who you are and what you're feeling. Everyone's different. I think lots of people will understand that. I hope you won't over-worry about it. Maybe you just need time to figure it out. You can also just, you know, define yourself as "still thinking about it" or however you want to word it.
My feelings change from time to time. Sometimes I do want to be able to say "I'm gay" and be done with that, but other times I feel like 'Why do I even need to say it?' (not because they already know, but because it's none of their business). Lately I also find myself watching what I say (like controlling the urge to shout "Wow, she's hot" during a movie ). Thought I think my sister (and my parents, ... and my brother, ... and my other sister, ... well my entire family) think that I might be a lesbian. My sister hasn't flat out asked, but I think she's waiting 'til I say something. I'm not quite ready to do that yet, but if she'd ask me straight out I think I wouldn't deny there's something going on even if I'm not sure what it is yet.

Quote:
But to have to know everything before college? I'm graduated from college and I'm far from knowing and having everything. College (or just being out of high school in general) might be your time to find yourself once you aren't held down by everything you've done and said and that's followed you through your elementary, middle, and high school career. There is no rush to define yourself.
I know to a certain extent that I don't need to have everything figured out, but it's a feeling. I don't know if I'm able to explain it correctly, but I'll try my best.
Basically my teachers (and friends/family) are saying that we have to think about our future. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, not at all, but the way they go about it is (a little) 'extreme'. I'm certain they're just trying to get me (and my classmates) motivated to really think and not make any hasty decisions, but they get me too motivated. I'm trying to figure everything out to make the best possible decision. I know I'll have to make one regardless, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm actually looking forward to next year, because I'll probably be on my own for the first time and I have thought about the fact that it might be easier to start anew without something holding me down.

Well thanks for the welcome and I'm happy to strengthen the ranks.
MC - Red - Ruby
MT - Normal - X
Persona - Blaze Black

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold