View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013 (08:29 AM).

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by kinataki:
just just look at electric.
this type has only 1 weakness, it's the most overpowered thing in the whole world.
what is the most common type in pokemon?
WATER, and that is weak to electric.
what is the third most common type in pokemon?
FLYING, and guess what, it is weak to electric too

and besides electric types has the best offensive stats and best moves(no, don't tell me you don't think thunder, thunderbolt, zap cannon, volt tackle are the best attacks ever, because you do and you are right)
they are so so so so so so so op. and you know what, they always attack first no matter what.

we must have at least one type to deal with this.

or must cover rock to have immunity against electric but i don't know, just it isnt fair and i hate all the electric pokemons, i want to kill pikachu.
Electric-types are actually kind of horrible.

Grass-types are insanely common and resist Electric-types. Dragon-types resist Electric-types. And it resists itself. Plus average HP for Electric-types is 62, average Def is 66, average SpD is 72. They're pretty fragile.

I also think Thunder is mediocre if it isn't used on a Rain team and Zap Cannon has terrible accuracy, but Thunderbolt is pretty legit. Stun Spore is better than Thunder Wave though, because Thunder Wave can't hit Ground-types while Stun Spore can.

Anyway, I don't think a new type is really necessary and it seems like it'd be too strenuous to add at this point, plus our current typing system is already very balanced.

While Grass-types have the most weaknesses, they also hurt a LOT of Pokemon that are dual-typed (Ground/Rock, Water/Ground). It's balanced.

Another type would throw it off, I think it's fine as it is and the only reason I think people want a new type is because they're bored of the current types, and we were sort of taunted with the whole idea that they can throw in types because of Dark-types and Steel-types in Generation II.