Thread: [Idea] Pokemon: A Soulless World
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
Actually not mad at all
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Sunfished:
Yeah, I guess I have to consider bulbasaur as well.

But if you look at it, I think it should have the secondary poison type early, since it wouldnt really gain that much of a benefit if it was to get it later.

Having a grass/bug starter with bug RIGHT at the start would give it a whole ton of weaknesses already. Thats why I suggested to move it to a later part so it wouldnt burden the player if they were to chose the grasshopper.
Actually, a bug secondary type only introduces a new weakness to rock, while it also offers a new resistances to fighting. Any other weaknesses-resistances just get doubled or halved. It's fairly easy to balance out the early stages of the game to make sure the fella isn't underpowered.

Quote originally posted by Sunfished:
Designing them wouldn't really that much of a task. You would just need a fair mix of types and decent designs and then work from there.
Oh man you just blew your credibility with that statement. Unless you're gifted with a wide imagination and some spriting and drawing skills, it is a lot of work (you need 3 sprites per fakemon, plus a cry.) And I'm not even talking about balancing them out.