Thread: [Idea] Pokemon: A Soulless World
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013 (2:43 PM).
The Hyena
Silver Tier
Nature: Jolly
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Yeah, I guess I have to consider bulbasaur as well.

But if you look at it, I think it should have the secondary poison type early, since it wouldnt really gain that much of a benefit if it was to get it later.

Having a grass/bug starter with bug RIGHT at the start would give it a whole ton of weaknesses already. Thats why I suggested to move it to a later part so it wouldnt burden the player if they were to chose the grasshopper.
Actually, a bug secondary type only introduces a new weakness to rock, while it also offers a new resistances to fighting. Any other weaknesses-resistances just get doubled or halved. It's fairly easy to balance out the early stages of the game to make sure the fella isn't underpowered.

Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Designing them wouldn't really that much of a task. You would just need a fair mix of types and decent designs and then work from there.
Oh man you just blew your credibility with that statement. Unless you're gifted with a wide imagination and some spriting and drawing skills, it is a lot of work (you need 3 sprites per fakemon, plus a cry.) And I'm not even talking about balancing them out.