View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Thanks Barrels for making my day with your post. It's probably the hardest I've laughed today while reading your post. (For a slow-witted tree you're incredibly witty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
Welcome to the club, haha. No, wait, don't leave! We have donuts. Donuts shaped like thoughts. That's how meta we are.
I do hope those donuts come in shapes accordingly to my thoughts, 'cause I think big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
Maybe you don't need to worry about 'love'. Love is a funny old thing, and it's different for different people, and sometimes it hits you like a train and sometimes it takes years to grow. Trying to define love is a massive undertaking that you might not need to do just to figure out who you are. (If knowing what love was was a prerequisite for labelling yourself gay, straight or anything else, we'd all be up the spout.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. I wanted him, no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
Love is so difficult to define because, well, we all have our own interpretation of what it is.

I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.
I've never thought this much about love since I posted here. I guess there's no wrong or right answer and everyone perceives love different (Like you said Gyardosamped). Like I said, I've thought about it a lot the past few days and I guess it has a lot to do with trust (for me). Nobody knows 'everything' about me (and that's understandable, because frankly I don't need to know everything about someone), but I don't really tell anyone much about myself. (God, I'm not making any sense again).

What I'm trying to say here is that you 'always' tell 'someone' (at least, I hope so). Like, if you've watched a movie you talk about it with a friend afterwards. Or you talk about music, or the latest book you've read. It doesn't even have to be with the same person every time, because you probably don't have the exact same interest as your friends. But I don't. Ever. If I see a movie I go like 'Hmm, okay that was good' and leave it at that. While my friends are like 'Hey, did you see that movie' and then I'm like 'nope' (or I just sit and nod at the appropriate times). I just never felt the need to share any of my likes or dislikes. (Well I share my love for pizzas with everyone, but that's just taking care of my basic needs. If you want me to come over you better have pizza). I also just recently 'came out' as a 'gamer' (I'm not a 'hardcore' gamer, but I do enjoy mah gamez) and my friends were like '... really, you play games?' (Well not that surprised, but only one of my friends is also a 'gamer' and I guess the 'others' just don't really know what they're talking about (seriously one of my friends didn't know who Voldemort was and has never even seen a disney movie, just where was she hiding?)

I'm quite easy to embarrass and I don't see myself being with someone I 'know' now. I might end up with someone I 'know' now once I get to know her better and don't feel so embarrassed by my interests (and that will probably take some time). Or I might get to know someone and instantly feel quite at ease. Like you said Barrels, it might happen in an instant or it might take a while (but I'm certain we'll all get there).
MC - Red - Ruby
MT - Normal - X
Persona - Blaze Black

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold