View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java's Missingno. View Post
While I respect your opinion, please allow me to offer my counterarguments:

The intention was that the rocks WERE deliberately placed, as the path had been cleared at a recent point in time, as well as to define the property belonging to the house on the map.

I see no reason that grass cannot be at that level, especially if the route follows along the easiest path as opposed to an artificial path.

For starters, a Fortree City house would've looked out of place, being a Fr/Lg style map. As such, it was really a toss-up and I decided to use one of the houses which provided some "behind-space" (For reasons I'll get to in a sec) Instead, I opted for the most basic-looking house I could, and believe it suits the style intended, although it admittedly is not the same as, for instance, the tin-roofed huts of the Sevii Islands.

I'm inclined to disagree by virtue of taste on this one; a path will narrow on less-traveled tangents often, and seemed fitting. As for the less obvious path, I actually followed how I believe the games' maps are designed, with a path more laden with wild Pokemon and an alternative path with more Trainers to battle.(Unfortunately I should have marked that the barebones path had Trainers on it, but at the time of creation I didn't have access to overworld sprites which would represent a Trainer.)

The flowers are more an artificial touch, as they are essentially in the yard of the house. As for the Pokeball, the house is positioned with enough distance from the mountain's foot that a player could walk behind the house to obtain the item contained within.
So you are telling me your making an artificial mountain? If so please explain why, also on the counterargument about Fortree I was referring to using the Ruby ROM instead, the FR/LG just really only has concrete housing mainly because of Gen I but even the Sevii Islands weren't mountainous houses. Otherwise I can see that all your counterarguments are "valid".

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die