View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
DRG, you should really start a DR2 thread otherwise non member posts may start to overflow this thread
Hopefully this is also my last post here =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
DRG, you said you were interested in making this hack much better than the original in every aspect. I think this is a great idea, and should also apply to how you make your patch as well. That being said, you should make your patch using the .UPS patching format instead of .IPS. Why? Because a .UPS patch will ONLY work on the ROM that you crafted your hack on. This way, your userbase won't have to play guessing games on exactly which Fire Red ROM to apply their patch to, as a .UPS patch will ONLY apply itself to the correct Fire Red ROM. With .IPS there is no way to tell if you applied the patch to the correct ROM, other than starting the ROM up and seeing if the title screen appears. Even in that case, the player could still encounter problems later on in the game from patching to the incorrect Fire Red ROM.

Please consider this.
In that case, DRG will need to explain how to use Tsukuyomi, explain EXACTLY which FR ROM she used, answering people how to patch the ROM over and over...
And the DR2 thread will be new Light Platinum and Flora Sky thread with complains that the hack is not working.
I don't see a benefit in this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well at last finally I get to see the DR 2's thread even it is not what I seeked. Congrats for that and to tell you the truth, I might also write the walk through for it too.
This is not hack's thread, only team's thread, we shouldn't be posting here...