View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013 (4:39 PM).
Nature: Quirky
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
Sylveon is definitely a bug-type, possible a bug/flying, but at least a bug type!

"The Clipper (Parthenos sylvia) is a species of nymphalid butterfly found in South and South-East Asia, mostly in forested areas. The Clipper is a fast flying butterfly and has a habit of flying with its wings flapping stiffly between the horizontal position and a few degrees below the horizontal. It may glide between spurts of flapping."
Well, okay but... while it's true that "nymph" is a term used in entomology, that term itself is also adopted from the beings in Greek mythology: nymphs were like, lesser female nature deities. Sometimes, that term is used to refer to maidens or beautiful young women--all of which can explain Sylveon's feminine-like appearance. I dunn, it's just, out of all the possible uses of "nymph," the entomological term strikes me as the least likely that is being invoked here. I think we can have a feminine mystical being on our hands--which this ties together pretty much all of its different names in different languages.

Eh, that still leaves its type pretty hard to determine, imo.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze