Thread: [Gallery] i speak thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

I'll show some love! :D

But first, I'd love to hear a little back story on this and the ones that follow. I know you mentioned something about supporting KHI, but since I have no idea what that is... I'd like to know if they were specifically for an event or something? And the Disney character icons.. is those an extension of the same project? I'm just asking because I want to know if these were just for fun or if they were occupational. Personally, I'll always be a fan of minimalist, high color contrast advertisements like that. It's so eye grabbing and attention holding. Your Kingdom Hearts images really pop, you know? I love it when people can post stuff from "work" (not work in the traditional sense like the career you get paid for from 9 - 5, but work as in art that stems from an job you've been tasked with), because you can really see a level of thought behind it that isn't as obvious in art that's just for fun. I don't know, maybe it just hits my particular aesthetic high note, but I've always been such a big fan of heavily stylized graphics that still show restraint. Does that make any sense? :x

As for your new stuff, it really seems like your trying out new things. Are you? Because so far I like it! I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of heavy, realistic effects on anime tags. The two just seem to clash at their fundamental levels. But I can say I'm a fan of your latest two. You have such a highly developed eye for color and i love the fact that you've been using a lot of blues recently (at least, when compared to what you've posted here in the past), for no reason other than I like blue. :) Also, are you planning on adding text to those two? Because the positioning of this one is just begging for text, imo.

Ack, I'm just blabbering now. Dero always posts better graphic critiques than I do. ;( Overall though, I really like what I see. <33; Great work as always. :3

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club