View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
Well, I'm no spriter... so when I needed 6 sprites ADDED to the game I asked for some help from some more qualified people...
they said increasing the number of sprites was impossible, or they just couldnt do it...

I really hate being told something cant be done (especially when i want it done)

so I found a nice tutorial on how to do it... ok... it might have been nice if I knew stuff... but I know nothing... it was very hard to follow (it skipped things I "should" have known... but I did not know them)

anyhoo...

this is how close ive gotten

so i have successfully added 6 new sprites (increasing the total from 153-159)

but I cant figure out how to edit just 1 sprite palette... it seems multiple sprites use the same palette and I cant find any blank palettes to fill with my new colors...

so does anyone know how to edit just 1 sprites palette?
Repoint the pallete table and expand it. This will need to be done with a hex editor.Then you can select your new palletes and edit them in NSE Classic or OWERE. (NSE is far better, same interface, just upgraded) You cam find the location of the pallete table in one of the ini files.

Each pallete is set-up like "pointer(4bytes)-pallete number(1byte, very important that they are all different!)-11-00-00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Ok, thanks I'll try it. If you can get more information I would ask you to tell me.
That is all I have, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzler View Post
How would I go about changing the shiny random battle rate in Pokemon Emerald to 1/256 ?? I've looked everywhere and cant find any information on it!
This involves ASM to do it right. However, you can cheat by using Shinyizer on your rom and creating a bunch of script tiles that are:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x8003 0x1
end

Every time you step on one of these tiles, the next pokemon you see will be shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
Hate be rude but does anyone have an answer to my question and problem?

"
I changed the message to msgbox and it allowed em to save and i put in the offset into advanced map but it doesnt stay the same nore does it open my file with the offset "2DD103"
And will i have to put the RBC files INTO the rom?
like put them into the files or will compiling put them in without the file or somethign lol cuz idk if that would be needed to give it out for others to play
and how would you edit the credits and opening files or just take me out
"
I am having some trouble understanding what you are trying to say. Could you please be a little clearer?

I don't know anything about credits, however the opening "files" like copyright and such, are just simple images you cam find in Un-Lz. You will need to be good at editing tile maps to do them.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 19th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.