View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013 (12:06 AM).

Hello

I stopped playing short of the DS. Back in the day, I was the guru on Pokémon. Ask me anything about Gen III, II or I and I can tell you. I played them religiously, and still do.

I was recently given a DS (lucky me) along with Platinum and Diamond. I have just completed Diamond. Wow, what a game.

I have a question regarding the completion of the National Dex, something that has always been a blur to me. I Google'd plenty, but I get conflicting info.

Yellow is the only version I have completed, as in 150 Pokémon. It will automatically update to 151, without showing Mew. Therefore Mew isn't needed, and is unnecessary. Red and Blue too.

In Generation II, Event based Pokémon such as Celebi are treated the same as Mew.

In Generation III, Event legendary Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys as well as Ho-Oh and Lugia) are not required to qualify for any of the diplomas.

In Generation IV, Event legendary Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus as well as Ho-Oh and Lugia), are not required to qualify for any of the diplomas.

Is all this correct? Therefore in order to complete the National Dex in Gen IV, I need to migrate Kanto Pokémon from Fire Red and Leaf Green, Johto Pokémon (the ones not available in FR/LG and in the wild post Elite Four), Hoenn Pokémon from migrating them from Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire, and version exclusive Pokémon from Pearl/Diamond or Platinum respectively?

Yes I am a perfectionist! Making up for lost time...