Thread: Geo's Pixels
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM
geoisevil
Evil Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinataki View Post
i wanna criticize your last work.(if i may )

that thing looks fantastic!
but you can try adding more smoothness.

look at the parts inside circles:

they look like inside of eachother. i mean it looks good but it would look better if you change this.
into this
im just saying that as a fan of your work and i've seen this things in your other works it bugged me a little bit. i am not an expert but i believe it looked better in the second one.
Either way, thanks for your criticisms but I think I will keep it as is.
and sun is white lol
It's a style of pixel art I chose to not have it pillow shaded as you did for a more simplistic look I didn't want it to be a realistic scene, and the person I made it for said he prefers it this way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
It does bug me too. Honestly the whole outline ruins it for me, the fact that you're placing a sprite over a pixel art scene makes it iffy. You should just remove the outline and anti-alias the foreground with the background.
Personal preference I suppose, this is the style I chose and do not plan on changing. Also it's not a sprite It's just simplistic pixel art of the fake if you look closer. But thanks for your criticism, I will take it into consideration next time, however I will be keeping this the way it is for now C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBag View Post
They look amazing, you have some serious skill in the ways of the pixel. Teach me the ways of the pixel, oh great one!
haha thanks C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3andon View Post
I love your work!

And thanks for the tutorial I have little to almost no experience with making Fakemon so your tutorial useful and a good way of looking at it. If you made more tutorials

I would be sure to check them out! (:
thanks so much :D glad I could be of assistance, I might end up making more tutorials in the future but idk yet

E=alones;7544714]Kinataki, you really think that pillow shading you did there looks better than the original?

Also, the outline in front of a pixel art scene brings DPP art direction into mind. Just wonderful.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much! <3